Please take a moment to review our website’s rules. Failure to adhere to these rules can result in you being disqualified from our contests and even banned.
1) Lots of “first comment”, “second comment” posts. These comments are annoying, do not add anything to the discussion, and wastes bandwidth. Effective immediately, any comments with “first comment” will not be approved, and you will be given a warning. If these comments continue then you will be disqualified from all contests and activities from this website and possibly banned.
2) Comments with excessive exclamation marks, question marks, letters will not be approved. I sometimes can get excited about something and get carried away and post more than one exclamation mark, but I keep in mind to limit them. I’d say 4 is the limit. There was one user who submitted a comment with over 20 exclamation marks. Needless to say, the comment was not approved, however, it was still annoying to read.
3) Please do not post hurtful comments about one another. Everyone has their own opinion and can express them freely (to a degree). I don’t want to see anyone teasing or putting down another user just because you don’t agree with what they have to say. We have a lot of young visitors to this website and I don’t want anyone’s feelings to be hurt. Remember this saying, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it”.
4) Comments with one word is annoying too. If you only have “awesome” to post, then I’d rather you not post a comment. We want at least one full sentence that adds something to the discussion. I am also thinking about awarding users who comment regularly and have lots of meaningful things to say.
5) Absolutely no swearing. This applies to swearing at another user, or expressing your dislike for something. We have a lot of young visitors who do not need to be exposed to that kind of language on this website.
6) Do not type in all caps. It comes off like you are yelling and is rude.
Alright, I believe I’ve addressed all of the concerns for now.